Tuesday, July 21, 2015

A young girl reading -- Fuji 90mm f/2 lens

Ever since my Fuji 90mm f/2 lens arrived I have been chomping at the bit to try it out on some portraits and a lifestyle shoot, but I am still a couple of weeks away from being able to return to do full scale lifestyle shoots in my studio. In the meantime, I've been using every opportunity to try it out on family and friends whenever someone is around. My granddaughter, Kayla, was over last week any while reading a book on the couch became my latest photo victim.

I wanted to see what the lens would do wide open in a candid, available light situation. I also wanted to experiment some with keeping to deeper toned images. To this end I exposed for the highlight areas of the skin, which resulted in the rest of the image going dark.



This image and one other were taken with the Fuji X100T at f/2.  All the rest were with the X-T1 and 90mm lens at f/2.





  







No comments :

Post a Comment