Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The day before Thanksgiving - laying it all out

Only one day left until the main event. My wife and I laid out the ingredients that will be going into the meal tomorrow. My daughter, Jamie, contributed her traditional pumpkin pie.

We photographed this at  home in the actual dining room where it will be served tomorrow. The day was rainy and bleak in Manhattan, and the light quite dim. I set up a Vanguard Alta Pro 254CT overhead tripod with the Nikon D750 and a 35mm Nikon f/2 lens, which I used at f/16 and ISO 125. Originally, I had placed a large fold-out reflector off to the right, but found the light to be too "clean" and even. So I did away with the reflector for this last shot, turned on some room lights to add warm tones in a few spots. and bounced a little fill into some critically dark areas with two small silver cardboard reflectors.

Counting down to the main event tomorrow.


No comments :

Post a Comment