Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The X-Pro1 on a rainy day in New York

The weather dictated the theme of my weekly photo project. It has been raining for three days straight in New York with some occasional mist and haze -- just the kind of weather I love to photograph. I sent my X-T1 off to Fujifilm Repair to have the light leak fixed so it was time to dust off my X-Pro1 and take it out for some exercise. From the point of view of design, the X-Pro1 is still my favorite camera, but it is beginning to get treated like a poor cousin as its newer relatives have been receiving all the updates.

I usually like to give myself some restrictions whenever I do these exercises. This time, in addition to using the X-Pro1, I primarily shot with the 55-200mm zoom. For the close-ups I carried along a Nikon 5T and 6T set of 62mm close-up lenses, which have found a new life on my 62mm Fuji lenses.





This photo of a tree reflected in a sidewalk rain puddle was taken with the Fuji 23mm lens. All the rest were done with the 55-200mm zoom.






2 comments :

  1. Really nice group of images, nice squares, great tone, inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Tom, for posting inspiring proof that photography doesn't stop just because the rain won't. I have a few rainy weather images taken in Portland, Oregon, where the rain never stops, especially in winter.
    Link: http://eyeniccolo.photoshelter.com/gallery-list
    Gallery: Portland, Oregon.

    Nick

    ReplyDelete